Umbria Bianco IGT
A fresh white wine, straw-colored with greenish reflections, fruity with long-lasting, intense bouquet that recalls citrus fruit, orange blossoms and fresh fruit salad; dry and with good structure, it has a fragrant evolution with delicate acidity and a long finish.
- grape varietalsVermentino, Trebbiano and
Grechetto harvested in September, Trebbiano is
picked at the end of Sept
- vinificationFrom free run juice, cryomaceration and further fermentation take place in stainless steel; the wine is preserved on the lees until bottling.
- food pairingsExcellent aperitif, it also elegantly accompanies pastas, risotto, white meats, and a variety of fish including seafood, onion soup, raclette, soft cheeses even when grilled, and charcuterie.
- serving temperatureTo fully enjoy its bouquet and flavour, serve at 12-14°C ( 54-57°F)
- sizes375 ml; 750ml
- anecdotesThe name recalls the Roman origins of Torgiano, testified by the tower dedicated to Janus, the double-faced god.
On the label is a bas-relief depicting the harvest, detail from the Fontana Maggiore of Perugia, Italy’s most beautiful 13th century fountain.
||First Place Oscar Quality/Price
||Almanacco del Berebene del Gambero Rosso 2008